Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Grilled Asparagus with Sherry Vinegar


Here's a nice little side dish for you. It's quite tasty and goes well with seafood. I ate it with my Bourbon-Maple Scallops and a Brown Rice and Goat Cheese Cake.

I would have preferred some young, thin asparagus, but I could only get the bigger stalks. I think the younger ones are more tender. With the bigger stalks, I cut a good portion off the bottom because it would have been tough and fibrous.

Grilled Asparagus with Sherry Vinegar

One bunch of asparagus, bottoms trimmed
2 Tbs cup sherry vinegar
2 Tbs olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Trim the bottoms off the asparagus. Put it in a flat tupperware or pan. Pour the oil and vinegar over top. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the mixture around to coat the asparagus.

I put the asparagus directly on the grill, perpendicular to the grate. You could also make a raft with two skewars to prevent the asparagus from falling between the grates.

Cook for just a few menutes. The asparagus should be warm and tender with a little bite to it, not soft and mushy.






No comments: